Kfibre™, the key ingredient in happiGut™, is so versatile, you can easily add it to a variety of snacks and meals to add a little fibre fuel to your food. Plus, it’s low FODMAP and can accommodate most diets. Try this zingy tasting and gut healthy Brussels sprouts Pesto.
- 2 Tbsp of happiGut™ (Kfibre™)
- 200 g Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- ( if you’re following a strict elimination diet for food sensitivities and chemical intolerances try using cashew nuts and omit lemon – replace with 1/2 tsp citric acid
- To make it FODMAP friendly, use garlic infused olive oil or garlic replacer (limit to 40 grams serve)
- Gluten and dairy free
- Slice brussels sprouts in half.
- Toss in 1/2 Tbsp of EVOO and spread out on oven tray.
- Roast at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Credits to Joanna @guthealthdietician