Recipe developed by Registered Dietitian, Shannon Smith. Find her at vancouverdietitian.com
Strawberry Walnut Crumble, 4 servings, 30 Minutes
A low FODMAP diet can make it difficult to eat enough prebiotic fibre which feeds the probiotic bacteria that make a healthy microbiome. happiGut™️ provides a gentle fibre addition and also contains active phytonutrients and antioxidants to support a healthy digestive system.
1/4 cup Frozen Banana (or fresh & mashed)
3/4 cup Oats (rolled, divided)
1 Tablespoon happiGut™️ Fibre
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup Walnuts (roughly chopped)
3 cups Strawberries (sliced)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Avocado Oil (spray oil)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with the avocado oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the mashed bananas, rolled oats, cinnamon, happiGut™️ fibre and press together to form a crumble.
- Stir in walnuts, mix to combine.
- Mix together vanilla and strawberries and transfer to prepared baking dish.
- If using room temperature strawberries bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the strawberries are bubbling up the sides, and the crumble topping is slightly brown. If using frozen strawberries bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Divide into dishes and enjoy
FODMAPS: Fermentable types of carbohydrates and sugars that can cause digestive symptoms for those with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Low FODMAP Diet: Can help reduce symptoms for 70% of those with IBS.
happiGut™️ Prebiotic Fibre: happiGut™️ is a low FODMAP certified fibre, extracted from the Sugarcane Plant, removing the sugar and leaving an all-natural soluble and insoluble fibre. Its neutral taste can be easily added to beverages and foods without altering flavour.
Low FODMAP & High Fibre: A low FODMAP diet can make it difficult to eat enough prebiotic fibre which feeds the probiotic bacteria that make a healthy microbiome. happiGut™️ provides a gentle fibre, and also contains active phytonutrients and antioxidants to support a healthy digestive system.
Amount per serving
Fat 22g, Saturated 2g, Trans 0g, Polyunsaturated 15g, Monounsaturated 3g, Carbs 27g, Fibre 7g, Sugar 8g, Protein 7g, Sodium 3mg, Calcium 62mg