In the 60’s, the link between our diet and its effect on different populations of bacteria in our gut was established. After more than 60 years of study, we have come to find the benefits of not only probiotics, but pre- and post-biotics as well. Each plays a critical role in the process of keeping your gut healthy.
In the process, countless studies have shown that health conditions such as IBS, IBD, and inflammation can all be linked with the proper balance of [gut microbiota] and the impact that prebiotic foods have on cholesterol, blood glucose, metabolism, and digestive disorders.
The studies below provide a categorized list and summary of studies and research to explore information to support our well-being.
Health Food Symmetry Pty Ltd (HFS) our Australian partner is a specialty health & medical food supplier that manufactures & researches functional ingredients for the global health and food industries,
HFS claims are backed by University & human clinical studies, Weight loss lifestyle trials, and anecdotal evidence.
HFS is continuing its research designed to demonstrate the health benefits in accordance with food health claims regulation and complementary medicine regulation.
HFS claims are based on extensive evidence in respect to its FDA accredited whole of plant dietary fibre/prebiotic and the health functions it supports:
- microbiome changes & SCFA synthesis linked to immune support
- Relief from dietary indigestion & heartburn
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties,
- Assistance to bowel movements and digestive experience,
- Weight loss: due to the GI lowering properties, microbiome, satiety and ghrelin hormone changes backed by a 90-person weight loss study.
HFS has a research focus on human microbiome modulation with several primary areas:
- Short-Chain Fatty Acid (SCFA) synthesis via fermentation of the dietary fibre/prebiotic “Kfibre” (published paper) and how SCFA’s supports immune function.
- Acid Reflux (GERD)
- Patented technology and clinical trials form the basis of this technology.
- Human Clinical Trial: “Anti-Nausea and appetite improvement during chemotherapy treatment”. Protocols and ethics approval under review (UTAS).
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) & IBS
- Synbiotic treatments; by co-administration with probiotics to support or amplify the effects. Significant reductions in Disease Activity Index and C-Reactive Protein for two animal models (DSS & Winnie). Paper published 2018.
- Human Clinical Trial in planning phase
- Weight loss (study released 2014) via microbiome modulation
- Other areas of interest;
- Phytonutrient antioxidants and policosanols
- microbiome potential: Cholesterol modulation effects, “hunger hormone” changes, and chronic constipation management
happiGut™️ / Kfibre™️ – A Unique prebiotic Fibre
happiGut™️ is the North American name for Kfibre™️ in Australia.
The plant cell wall structure of happiGut™️ / Kfibre™️ is comparable to other fruit and vegetable cellular material but without the levels of accompanying carbohydrate sugars or lipids that are generally present. Fruits and vegetables typically have 1.0-1.8 % (dry weight/wet weight) of fibre.
A 3-gram dose of happiGut™️ / Kfibre™️ has about the same complex fibre content of 166-300 g of fruit or vegetable.
Application of happiGut™️/ Kfibre™️ therefore allows manipulation of levels of cellular fibre in the diet independent of any significant change in energy content. As a supplement to dietary fibre intake, happiGut™️/ Kfibre™️ assists in maintaining a well-balanced diet.